Infertility affects an estimated 1 in 6 couples. The most common factor of female infertility is ovulation disorder, typically hormonal in nature. Secondary factors include endometriosis, blocked fallopian tubes, and PCOS among others.
This is a four-level, hands-on workshop (each class is 90 minutes) that shows couples how to perform reflexology techniques for relaxation and stress relief.
After completing all levels, couples will receive a customized protocol that they can perform at home. This protocol is based on individual menstrual conditions and includes specific points to stimulate during each phase of the menstrual cycle.
If you are unfamiliar with reflexology, its benefits or how it works, please visit the What is Reflexology? youtube gallery here.
Although we'd love to help everyone who might be interested, we are seeking couples who meet certain guidelines because these workshops will be used to further research and training development.
~ Couples who have been trying to conceive for at least 1 year (12 consecutive months)
~ Women diagnosed with female infertility conditions such as endometriosis, blocked fallopian tubes, PCOS, anovulation, uterine fibroids, luteal phase defect, premature ovarian failure, amenorrhea and other menstrual disorders
~ Women who have been charting Basal Body Temperature (BBT) for at least 3 cycles. NOTE: BBT charts are preferred but not required. Plus, we can use 3 cycles charted anytime within the last 6 months. You can easily do your BBT charting online with www.fertilityfriend.com.
~ Couples who are trying to naturally conceive (without the use of hormone regulating medication)
RESEARCH and CASE STUDIES
FOOT REFLEXO-THERAPY IN THE TREATMENT FOR 50 CASES OF GYNECOLOGICAL DISEASES
By Hui Song, Senior Doctor, Nanjing Obstetrical and Gynecological Hospital
Fifty patients, aged 20 to 51 years, diagnosed with gynecological diseases including dysmenorrhea, hysteromyoma, pelvic inflammation, cyst and mass, endometriosis, menstrual disorder, infertility and chocolate cyst, were treated with foot reflexotherapy on each or every other day, 10 sessions: one course of treatment. Duration of therapy ranged from 10 sessions to two years. For forty-two (84%) patients, the symptoms completely disappeared - normal menstruation with no dysmenorrhea. For the remaining 8 patients (16%) symptoms had almost completely disappeared.
Treatment of 4 Cases of Infertility with Foot Reflexotherapy
By Dong Dahai, Xu Ping, Dong Congjun, Wei Lihua, 1998 China Reflexology Symposium Report, China Reflexology Association, Beijing, pp. 58-59.
The four women had unsuccessfully tried to become pregnant for 1 to 3 years and were between the ages of 26 and 30. Each received a thirty to forty minute session daily for ten days, one course of treatment. One woman became pregnant after 6 courses of treatment, two after seven course and one after nine courses.
Reflexology Treatment of Female Sub Fertility and Its Benefits During an IVF Process
By Shirley Tidhar, ND, Naturopath and Reflexologist, Israel
Based on case studies and treatment experience, it was concluded that reflexology made positive changes in the endometrial lining thickness and quality, in the size and amount of mature eggs for retrieval, in significantly lowering the symptoms of the hormone consumption and the suction and transfer process and in supporting the emotional and nervous system.
Infertility Due to Endometriosis: A Reflexology Case Study
Terri Lambdin, Certified Reflexologist, provides an account of a series of sessions for an infertile client.
Forty Successful Pregnancy Outcomes with Reflexology
Jane Holt, a reflexologist in England, has assisted 40 women in conceiving through her reflexology methods! See Jane's chart of successful outcomes below:
The effectiveness of foot reflexology in inducing ovulation: a sham-controlled randomized trial.
By Holt J, Lord J, Acharaya U, White A, O'Neil N, Shaw S, Barton A., South Devon School of Reflexology, Morningside, Loddiswell, Devon, United Kingdom
This latest study included 48 women with fertility problems resulting from polycystic ovarian syndrome, a hormonal disorder that is characterized by irregular menstrual periods, excessive hair growth and weight gain. The women were randomly assigned to receive either eight sessions of foot reflexology or a sham therapy with gentle massage for 10 weeks. None of the women had experienced foot reflexology before this study.
Both groups had similar ovulation and pregnancy rates. Eleven out of the 26 women in the reflexology group (42.3 percent) had serum progesterone levels indicative of ovulation, and four women (15.3 percent) became pregnant. In the massage group, 10 out of the 22 (45.5 percent) women ovulated and two (nine percent) became pregnant.
This video features clips from the Restoring Fertility DVD (below in RESOURCES) by Drs. Brandon Horn and Wendy Yu.