Uncover the physical and emotional health secrets the feet hold! This 2-day continuing education course is for reflexologists, bodyworkers, energy therapists and wellness practitioners wishing to deepen their client assessments through foot reading.
~ Gain an introduction to major foot reading theories and methods
~ Identify 5 foot shapes based on Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) five elements
~ Discover foot reading from a reflex and meridian perspective
~ Understand the emotional symbolism of common foot conditions
~ Learn the symbolism of each toe and how to asses the toes for signs of endocrine imbalance, sinusitis and brain stress
~ Identify emotions reflected in regions of the foot and access them through simple mobilization and range of motion techniques
~ Learn the basics of foot glyphology assessing the fine lines, wrinkles, calluses and textures of the feet for health cues such as acid reflux, thyroid conditions, heart disease, breast cancer, digestive issues, mineral imbalances and internal pathogens
~ Examine feet for health and personality cues
~ Discuss ways to integrate foot reading into a bodywork or wellness practice
~ Practice foot reading
I've been asked a few questions about this course so here are my replies:
(1) Will the course be offered again later in the year? No, I plan to offer it only once a year in Maryland.
(2) Is this like the toe reading class that came to Maryland a few years ago? No, this is more health focused and meant to be used as an adjunct tool for reflexologists, bodyworkers, wellness practitioners and nutritionists. We will cover toe reading in class, but it is a subset of the class.
(3) Is the course approved for continuing education units? Yes, it is approved for 12 NCBTMB CE units and is now approved for 12 ARCB CE units.
(4) Why should I take this? Here's an example from my personal experience: I performed weekly reflexology sessions for a 70-year-old client and began to notice a callus forming in a particular region on the ball of her foot. This callus grew quickly and became more defined over the next 4 weeks. Upon questioning, the client said her health was fine and she hadn't noticed any changes - her doctor had given her a clean bill of health only 3 months before. Based on the visual cue on her foot, I suggested that she get her blood pressure checked again. She went back to the same doctor who put her on high blood pressure meds. They later discovered she had developed a heart murmur. In the SOLE STORIES course you will learn to identify cues NOT for diagnostic purposes but so you can make appropriate referrals for your clients or better serve them during their sessions. If you've taken my Acupoint Reflexology course, these cues will help you determine the most effective acupoints to balance.
(5) Do I need to purchase books for class? No, you will receive a detailed manual.There are resources I highly recommend for further study. See the slideshow below.
The registration deadline is March 18 so if you're interested, let me know ASAP.